We were leaving our wedding luncheon.
Our wedding was really wonderful. We were married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple in the morning. I was really nervous. I HATE being in front of people. I would rather have surgery or a root canal than have to do something in front of a crowd. I remember Greg's Aunt Carol saying something to the effect that I was "so sweet and spiritual" because I was crying. I wanted to correct her and say "these tears have NOTHING to do with the Spirit. This is sheer terror!" Not only did I have to be the center of attention, I was dressed weird, had no idea what to expect or what to do, and I was bawling. Not sweet tears of happiness....no. This was snot running down your face crying. I was a beautiful bride. Stunning.
After the wonderful ceremony was over (I had NO idea what I had agreed to, I just wanted OUT of there.) We had a wedding luncheon at Magelby's. I was really excited for this. Food, family, fun. I realized this was not to be the case when my mother in law stood up and said "I'm sure the bride and groom would like to say something." I have never forgiven her. Hence, I remember nothing of the meal. I do remember the toast that Greg's brother Doug did. Greg was 25 years old and he was the last to get married in his family. I think they wondered if he ever would. Doug said "Here's to things worth waiting for!" It was funny and appropriate. I loved it.
After the luncheon we drove to the hotel to leave our bags in the room. Greg wanted to stay in the room, but I refused..... I had woken up at 5 am to have my hair done, I wasn't going to mess it up!
Our reception was at the Alpine Arts Center. It was really beautiful. Everything was white, except for the flowers around the lanterns on the table. They were pink. My bridesmaids wore black dresses with a pink floral pattern and the mothers wore pink. Most of the flowers were pink, but other than that, everything was white. I really didn't want the cultural hall wedding with the wicker arch. Everything was simple and classy and it was wonderful. During the second half of the reception we danced. I danced with my dad first and then he turned me over to Greg. It was a very sweet few minutes and I am so glad we did it that way. I wanted something special for my dad and I think it turned out to be just that.
We flew to Disneyland the next day and after we came home, everything turned to pot and has been that was since! :) Well, maybe it's not as bad as all that. We certainly have had our share of problems along the way. Despite everything that has happened, I am still very much in love with my husband. I look back and wonder how on earth I had the nerve to commit to marrying him when I only loved him as much as I did that day. It was nothing compared to now. He is an amazing man. He has endured so much and never complains. He goes forward the best he knows how and I admire him very much. We never go anywhere without holding hands and we still have to cuddle before I can go to sleep. He kisses me every day and tells me he loves me every time I leave or talk to him on the phone. Things are not always perfect, but I love him with all of my heart.
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding very well and it was just as beautiful as you described it and the food was good too! You guys are a wonderful couple and such an example of endurance! We love you guys!
Ahh, :). 9 years ago today I was giving birth! :) Sorry I missed your day. I wanted to be there so bad, but my pushing a kid out got in the way. :) ha ha. love you. Hope your day was nice.
Happy Anniversary! Remember when your young nephew started doing the nasty dance with me at your reception, I hope that wasn't recorded!:) It was so great to see you guys last night!
Congratulations, I can't believe you have been married for 9 years!! I remember your reception and it was beautiful, I hope you and Greg enjoyed your anniversary.
Love,
Hailey
Happy Anniversary!! I remember going to buy food for everyone not in the wedding line and buying stuff to decorate the Bronco with! We had tons of fun! We love you guys!!
Oh, Jenalee! Reading this just makes me realize how much I love you. And how much I love Greg.
Very well done!
Handsome Kenley
Jenalee your wedding was fabulous! Thanks for letting me be part of it! I can't believe it's been 9 years already!
Yay for 9 years! I remember your wedding pretty well too. It was very pretty and even though I was like 12, I still wanted the flower girl's dress. :)
Just so you all know, that nephew who did the nasty dance was my brother, Gordon! He's improved greatly since then! I'm so happy for you and Greg to be celebrating 9 years. And now you have two beautiful children to show for it!
Post a Comment