Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ode to my roomies....


Today was a good day,
I returned to "the A"!
There was no kissing,
a babysitter I was missing...
The beauty and nature,
was, as usual, pretty.
We rolled in the leaves,
it made us all giddy.
The Quad! The Quad!
And of course, Old Main,
As we walked by,
the bells all sang.
This is the place it all went down
I'm so glad I didn't live in town.
Who would have thought that 10 yrs later,
I'd take this picture, of my own lil' tater.

I thought of you the whole day through,
In your great honor,
I ate Aggie Ice cream x2!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Ahhh when did you go? I want to come with you next time! I haven't had Aggie ice cream forever!!

LornaJayne Adams said...

What a fabulous poet you are! You are amazing!...in many ways!

Lorna

Eric said...

Fantastic pictures! And there was a poem, too.

Fabulous pictures!

Handsome Kenley

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were an Aggie--Go Aggies!!!

Dixiechick said...

I had no idea your talents extended into poetry. Yes it was YOU I was talking to...you truly do inspire me to come up with some great philosophies off the cuff. Actually every time I finish talking to you I think, "What the crap did I just say?" Because you're so good at getting me to talk and I talk and talk and then can't remember what I said. P.S. Thanks for never sending me the sugar cookie recipe. I had to find one off the internet. Hope it works...if not, it's your fault. :)

Anonymous said...

Where on earth does the time go? I have totally been an anti blogger lately. I did finally get up a new post, I know it's a miracle. I love going back to Logan. It's kinda like a fountain of youth or something!=) Write soon. Em

Krishelle said...

I sure miss Logan! We need to get a girls trip planned. And your poem was fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss USU too. Had some great times up there! Looks like Richards Hall!!!