A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.
1. My best friend from high school-changed my life forever-still look up to-will have through all eternity friend RUBY started a blog!!! Hallelujah! And with today's post she has slapped me hard upside the head. Did I mention HARD? Ruby's dad passed away nine years ago, but not before he taught me how to drive Ug, un-swamp a canoe, dutch oven, flirt with boys, endure challenges with grace, keep your faith intact, work hard, love unconditionally, recite inspired poetry, build a campfire, really listen to someone, tell a good story, make someone feel like they are the most important thing in the world, etc. I could go on and on. I was his favorite. And I know that there are some bloggers out there who would dare challenge me on this point...but it doesn't matter what you think. I know. He was my witness at my wedding. I am so thankful for that. I think of him on every trip to West Yellowstone. I think of him a lot. Sure, he wasn't my dad....but he kinda was. I miss him. Just the other day I was picking up the kids' room and I said " What does reincarnation mean? A cow poke asked his friend....his pal replied it happens when your life has reached it's end.." He taught me a lot. He loved me a lot too. Anyway, there is a story on Rube's blog about a snowstorm, and it hit me. I have pulled over. I'll have to work on that.
2. Eric and I entered Limericks into the competition at LDS Hospital. I will win any day now. They were so inspired and limerick-y that I cannot recall even one of them. Ah well. I will let you all know when I bring home the prize!! What's the prize? I have no idea.
3. And here's to my handsome husband, who cleaned the toilets today! Way to go Gregerella. You know I love you and if you keep it up, I just might take you to the ball after all!
4. I tried to talk Holly out of her unborn child. I was not successful. Instead, I will maybe take a new kitten, maybe. Who knows.
5. I got a blog award from my niece-but-mostly-good-friend Krystle! I would give her the following awards:
1. best doer of my hair award- oh yes. I looked goooood that day. Can't reproduce it though.
2. best listener while I complain award- uh huh, and she agrees with me too! Can't beat that!
3. best commenter on my blog- until I took the comments off.
4. best changing up her entire life cause it felt right. Takes courage...lots.
5. best I could talk to you for hours award. Cause I could. ;)
6. My brother, father, and sister in law took on the biggest challenge of 2009 and helped me clean the van. Oh it was quite the experience. Some of my favorite things that were said while we were in the trenches (it was similar to a battlefield..)
1. UGH!!! I think I just found one of Greg's toes!
2. How many tampons do you need?!
3. Put more quarters in! Put more quarters in!!
4. How long has this seat been broken?? (You broke it Jesse.)
5. This SOB is huge once you can see in it! (my dad.)
Mostly, I love them all for what they DIDN'T say. Unconditional love. The Western's have it, how about you?
7. I cleaned out the fridge and the pantry. They had suffered the same fate as the van until I decided at 2 am to rescue them. I found Greg's other missing toes in the crisper. Maybe they were shriveled up baby carrots. The point is, WHO KNOWS what they were. I couldn't get the stupid drawers put back together. I still can't. I even said the magic words that my dad uses when he fixes stuff....they go like this: "Why you miserable #$%# #$##$ #$#!" I don't know, maybe my inflection isn't just right. I'll work on it.
8. I have been watching American Idol. I hate that show. I am watching it anyway. I like the Utah chickadee, but I am not sure of that dippidy-do move she keeps doing. I also like Lil Rounds. Or as Greg calls her Big Rounds. I hope she never stumbles across this blog. I don't care what I had in the trunk, I would willingly carry it around if I could sing like that!
9. I have continued on being anti-social. If you never get a call back, a return email, a comment on your blog, or any word from me at all, fear not!!! You are not alone. I still love you. I am simply anti-social. And now that I am 30, I can be whatever I want to be. It comes in waves so maybe soon I will be anti-anti-social again. Keep your chin up. And there is always my blog if you need a quick dose of Jenalee. Give me the benefit of the doubt and someday I will give you a call. Maybe.
10. I have been eating unusual amounts of chocolate chip pancakes. Lets here is for the CC Pancakes all of you old friends and roommates of mine! Oh yes. Sounds good right now, actually.
11. I have been breaking out. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen as an adult. Surprise! I would take the medicine that makes it all stop, but if it's in my system and I happen to get pregnant, my baby will have black teeth. Can't have that. So I have had ugly skin for three years instead. Oh, the sacrifices of a mommy.
12. I just found a Whopper on the floor and ate it. Yep, just now. I don't know where it came from. It was tasty though.
13. I stole money from Jedi Jack yesterday. I took it as "refill money" for work. What!? It's all MY money anyway. He just collects it. Plus, he can't count over 30, so he has no idea it's missing.
15. A little old lady at work called me names I had never heard before. She didn't have her hearing aid in so I was heard shouting "I'M SO SORRY MA'AM. THE OFFICE IS CLOSED. THEY ARE CLOSED!!! YOU'LL HAVE TO CALL BACK! OH FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!" all the way down the hallway. She called me a multitude of names that her sailor husband must have taught her after WW II and at the end of the call said: "I love you Honey, and God bless ya!"
14. I guess that's about all this week. I guess I'll go make a pancake. Maybe I'll just look for another Whopper instead and call it a night.
9 comments:
I am seriously laughing out loud right now sitting at my computer. May I quote my favorite line from this post? "Eric and I entered Limericks into the competition at LDS Hospital. I will win any day now." I am laughing mostly because it's probably true! I am wishing you could've spat one off for us. I know it must be clever.
My husband doesn't understand the fondness I have for choc. chip pancakes with peanut butter on top. I remember eating them at your home, so you must have been the one to introduce me to the idea. Good times!!
omgsh! u watch American Idol!?!?! i like.. no actually LUV Adam!! i actually got to see him perform live the second time i went to see Wicked! but i didn't know it at the time i was at Wicked. but still... even though his Ring of Fire wasnt his best performence, i cant get passed his GORGEOUS, perfect smile!!! anyway, call me and we can talk for literally HOURS about this and other stuff. ok that was a little much... ;) been thinking about u lately! <3
FYI...I of course misplaced your email. Not sure of when your work schedule is and I don't want to wake you up!!!
My whole family loves choc chip pancakes with peanut butter. :) Okay, I'm starting to wonder if you're irritated with me. I haven't heard from you, oh FOREVER! and now you're telling me that pa loved you more than me. Hmph! Seriously Jen what's up! I can't even call you, apprently I have the wrong number or something. Did you change and not tell me??
Jen, we need more pictures of the kids.
hahaha, you always make me laugh. Great post. How about you take 2 kittens, they are really really cute. Come see them!!
I belive I fixed the seat after I broke it Jenny. And by the way who taught you to put the peanut butter on the pancakes hhhmmmmm.
Jenalee! First of all I just want to say I love you more than anything! You are fantastic and I LOVE reading your blog! and I miss you!
Also...I watch American Idol too...and I HATE it! All the people are soo annoying, but I can't stop watching it. I don't know why, I don't know what my problem is. I have watched it every season and I just can't stop!
And last...I am glad you cleaned out your fridge....I hope you made some delicious "puke in a bucket" to deliver to one of your frenemies...
Post a Comment