Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy Adenoids Bat Man!

Halle is going under the knife. 

And I am not excited.  It's for the best, I suppose.  The girl DOES need oxygen.  I took her to the ENT today and he had a look at her.  He said "It's most likely her adenoids and they should probably come out."  Most likely?  Probably?  Ummm, I'm not sure that's worth all the risks involved with anesthesia.  So he numbed her nose and scoped her.  Her eyes were huge.  He pulled all 9 inches of scope back out and said "Wow, Halle girl.  You're some sort of record.  I've never seen adenoids that size before." 

What can I say?  We like things big around here.  They are so large, they take up all their own space and are invading other parts of her noggin.  They need to come out. 

We'll have it done the middle of June. 

And guess who winked at me at the ENT office?  WINKED.....right at me.  I sat there with my mouth open, staring.  The one and only L Tom Perry.

Guess he's been feeling stuffy lately too.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy cow! You'll have to tell me who she saw. Good mother's intuition there.

Dixiechick said...

Was Elder Perry in to get his adenoids out too? :) Last time I saw him I was in his office telling him what a loser my husband was. Oh....good times. :)

David and Natalie Reheis said...

oh my gosh. this post is cracking me up for some reason. i'm sad halle has to get surgery, but i am laughing at this post...
can't wait to see all of you!