Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I'm so vain....You know this blog is about me.

  In our back office is a computer. It's where I do the monthly spreadsheets. Today, I was avoiding customers up front and looked around in the files of that computer. I found this file, with all of my pictures scanned into it. I thought I would share.


3 months

6 months

9 months

1 year
2 years
3 years
4 years
5 years

6 years

7 years

8 years

9 years

10 years

11 years

12 years

13 years

14 years

15 years

16 years

17 years
 
Here are my observations:
 
4 years old was very reflective of my personality. 
 
7-14 is the awkward stage
 
13 is the year I rebelled
 
I loved that temple necklace so much I wore it at 15 AND 17.  Signalling the end of the rebellion obviously.
 
I had more make up on at 14 then I did at 16....what's up with that?
 
Neither of my kids look anything like me.
 
Pretty sure I peaked in beauty at age 5.

7 comments:

Jen said...

you are lovely. super cute. loved year 4. lol. also... is it conincidence that we became friends the years you stopped rebelling. haha :)

Anonymous said...

Here in VA, we think it looks like you photo shopped Jack's face in at ages 2 and 4. Or just put a wig on him.

Dixiechick said...

To be fair I think your awkward phase didn't start until age 10…but then it hit full force. :) I can tell we grew up during the same tragic era. I have many pictures that match yours. The only difference is I didn't have glasses, so you have an advantage in awkwardness there. Your glasses in your 11 year old picture remind me so much of Shane's at that age. They are HUGE! What was up with glasses being so gigantic back then? Shane's mom told him he needed big glasses for his big head. (it's given him a complex ever since). What's your excuse? Did your cheeks need to see too? :) But here's what I have to say, you can still tell you're cute, even with the glasses, so that's saying something. I think your 9 year picture is really cute and I can see Halle in it. But I think your 5 yr. old pic is my favorite. Truly adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love them! All of them! Thank you for sharing this timeline of pictures! We all know how hard it is to let others see us in our glasses, our braces (which you were lucky enough to not need), our awkward year photos, etc.!

Oh, and Will is all Chris, except for his butt-chin:)

Jenalee said...

I love them all sweetpea. I think that your baby pict look like my favorite little girl. Halle. I can definatly see her in you

Andrea said...

This is truly one of my most favorite blog posts ever! I especially love the mohawk you were rockin' in your early years. You should have kept that up. Maybe at age 11 you were trying for it, but not quite.

Awesome post, worthy of a comment (which I NEVER do)

Anonymous said...

I love age four the best. That's mainly how I remember you looking.