I am so grateful to be in the middle of my kids childhoods. It seems to slip by so fast, and I am so glad I still have some to hold onto. I'm so happy to still be Mommy. Not Mom, or Mother. Here's what I love lately:
They both run to hold my hand on the way into a store, even out of the school
They still need to be tucked in with a hug and a kiss
I do hair every morning
They fight to be the one to lay next to me in bed
They step on the running board to give me a kiss through the window when I drop them off
They yell "I love you too!" even when their friends are around
I have the time to sit down with each of them every night to do homework or spelling words
They would rather play with me than friends
That when there's a fieldtrip, we have to excitedly go to the store to find treats
They cry when I go out of town without them
They want to make cookies together
I receive handmade Mothers Day gifts
They hang their excellent papers on the fridge
I never have to go anywhere alone
When they spot me standing outside their school at the end of the day, they run to me
They are so excited to show me what's in their backpacks
They love to find a love note in their lunch box
Even though my kids are big (Halle is taller than me and we both wear a size 10 shoe) they are only 11 and 9. I am so glad I don't have to rush them to grow up and be self sufficient. There is still plenty of time. I love that they are innocent and trusting. I'm thankful to still be Mommy...even if this phase is quickly coming to a close.
2 comments:
That is really sweet!! Enjoy every moment with them. Hope you are all doing well.
Love it! Great perspective!
Post a Comment