Monday, April 8, 2019

Dating....

Holy moly dating at 40 is something else.

It's the same as dating at 20 in these ways:

The drama.  Oh the drama.
I keep crying.
I run around the house screaming periodically
High highs
Low lows
Intense anxiety
Butterflies when they call me
Giddiness
My girls call me for all the details
My mother wants to meet them
I kiss on the first date
Some send flowers, others send love notes
I put on 40+ different outfits before every date (Just kidding.  I don't have 40 outfits.)


It's not the same in these ways:

I have no idea what in the hell I'm doing
I have kids
Their ex wives ask questions
Strangers assume we're married
I'm trying to balance dating with everything else
I have wrinkles
They are balding
Halle ok's one of the 40 outfits I try on
My body parts aren't where they should be
The guys I'm dating have kids
These men are GOOD at making out- 20 years of practice
My kids don't want to meet them
I googled "Romatic texts to send your boyfriend" and then regretted it
Instead of wondering if they will be a good dad, I wonder if they'll be a good Grandpa

Also....Just last weekend I pointed out a grey nose hair to a guy, mid make out, and didn't give it a second thought.  That's dating in your 40's.  Or it might be love.  Take your pick.

It's something else.  And I am (for the most part) having a really fun time.




No comments: