Thursday, October 2, 2008

DA NA NA.....DA NA NA...

That's the Rocky music, in case you are musically illiterate and didn't know. :) Most people have cutesy little saying in their house like "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." Blah Blah Blah (If you actually have that in your house, please don't be offended.) It's not me. I like quotes on wall, mind you. Just not cutesy ones. I like ones that mean something. Spoken from men who know what they are talking about. ( See the one from Lincoln on your left.) Now, I don't have any words in my house at all right now, but it I did, I would commit my entire wall to this one. (and it would take an entire wall...)

"The world aint all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place. I don’t care how tough you are; it will beat you to your knees and permanently keep you there if you let it. Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can GET hit and keep movin forward. How much you can take and keep movin forward."

Yes. I like it. It speaks to me. Maybe that's because my life feels like a fight most of the time. If you don't have to fight things everyday, then this quote may not mean squat. In my head, I am running up stair in gray sweats most days. And since this is my blog, it will be the quote of the year!

DA NA NA NA NA NA NA..........

5 comments:

Krishelle said...

Jenalee! I love it! and let me just tell you...I think you are amazing! I look up to you so much! You are such a strong woman!!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that quote from Rocky! And I will forever picture when I hear it! If I ever find that quote all condensed and such so that it won't take up a ton of space on your wall, I will get it for you. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

YOU. I will forever picture YOU when I hear it.

Dixiechick said...

That's a great quote. I second it.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Okay great quote! I finally got the courage to look at Greg's blog and I don't know what took me so long! It looks great! I hope everything else is going well. Love you guys!