Jack has been calling Greg's crutches "Crunches." Its so cute I don't correct him.
Friday afternoon I was at Kim's house getting ready to go to lunch. I went into the garage to get in her car to go to Cafe Rio. It's been awhile since I was there (the garage, not Cafe Rio) and the garage door was down which made it very dark. (These are my excuses.) I would have bet the farm that there were TWO steps down into her garage. I SWEAR there were only TWO. Well....there are three.
I yelped and fell. I fell for about 4 minutes. My arms waved in an effort to regain my lost balance. It was no use. I went down fairly softly (I have a lot of cushion) but the damage had already been done. Numerous naughty words came out of my mouth. Kim was laughing behind me, (She is cruel, in fact now that I think about it, she may have pushed me.) I sat for a few seconds to gain my composure and then stood up. She told me to "walk it off." I told her where she could go. It hurt. She opened the big door and asked if it was starting to swell. I took my shoe off and to my surprise there was an area about the size of two quarters swollen up about an inch and a half. I gasped.
So we got in the car and went to the Instacare. Kim redeemed herself by practically carrying me into the building. There were x rays and examinations. We made jokes and laughed the entire time. There are no fractures. He thinks I have torn a ligament that connects to the upper left side of my foot. The strange swelling is not swelling at all, but rather blood. Yes folks, I am on crunches now too!
The foot has continued to swell...and continued, and continued. We sat around watching it last night, eating popcorn to see if it would actually explode. It did not.
Here is a picture to invoke sympathy from all of you. It was taken about 4 hours after the fall. It is much bigger and much bluer now. I will update with some more beautiful pictures on Tuesday.
Who wants to come over and vacuum my house?

10 comments:
That's DISGUSTING! How long has it been since you shaved your legs!? My GOSH!
Anyway, good work.
Handsome Kenley
For the record, I did NOT push her :) I did however laugh and tell her to walk it off! All in a day's fun!
You dork, you can't even SEE any hair. Just for that comment, you will be the one to come and vacuum my floors. I'll see you bright and early on Monday morning.....bring breakfast with you, I will have a muffin and a hot chocolate.
You should be a professional story teller. You crack me up. Your ankle looks awful--I'm sorry. I wish I was there to vacuum for you. I still owe you for...oh, well for the entire time I was pregnant with Morgan and thereafter. I can send you cookies? :)
Jen, that sucks big time! But hopefully you're not on "crunches" for too long! Will I be seeing you for Thanksgiving??? I will vacuum your floors...
O my gosh Jenny!! that's horrible! good heavens! well after all, since you are my aunt, i should of known you are the kind of person who would do something like that! just kidding... you kind of remind me of me.. always getting hurt! well after all, we are family! its im our blood! miss and love you!
I am so sorry about your ankle! it looks painful...i don't vacuum, but i "know people" lol
kidding...hope u feel better soon...GREG, I expect to "step up" and help your wife even if it is with one leg :)
I am so sorry that I missed you getting pushed in the rolling chairs at work. That would have been fun! I cannot believe how swollen your ankle is! Officially now called, a "cankle." Good luck with that.
By the way, no one else in our house got Strep, yet. :)
Oh No!!! I would be happy to come vacuum as long as you entertain me while I do it!
Jen,
I'm pretty sure I have a picture of my foot that looks exactly like that. We aren't even blood related. In case you hadn't heard the big news...I am moving up there and I will totally vacume your floors.
Post a Comment