Monday, January 4, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things....Part 2

So last year in December I did this snazzy little post:

I still hate that Favorite Things song and I still think it doesn't belong in Christmas. I also still hate Rascal Flats. However, I still have more favorite things. YES MORE. How can that be?.....you ask? I have lots of favorite things to counterbalance all the things that I hate. And also, 1/3 of the things listed are food items. :) So, here goes!

1. A new baby. I don't know about you, Susan, but I am so excited!

2. Peanut Buster Parfaits

3. Climbing into my mothers spare bed. Soft sheets, warm wooby....


4. Hot baths with the jets going


5. Spinning really fast on the Tilt-A-Whirl


6. Taking the 2nd Grade classroom guinea pig BACK to school after Christmas Break. Love you Mater, but you stink.

7. A Taylor Swift song on the radio. I know, I know.....

8. Brushing my teeth and putting on chapstick before bed

9. Vanilla lotion

10. Reading a good book. (Have you read Dean Koontz? Scary.....)

11. Canning peaches and slipping those warm smooth peach slices in my mouth instead of the bottle when nobody is looking.

12. Hunting down a good deal on strawberries to make jam.

13. Chatting with a few special people on Facebook.

14. Beating the so-called champion of 5 Crowns at his own game....over and over again.

15. Sleeping in a cold room under warm blankets

16. Going outside after working a graveyard to discover someone already scraped my windows.

17. Remembering how that fuzzy spot on Nowa nose felt.



18. That song "Faith" by George Michaels, I sing it well.

19. Clean bathrooms

20. Being together with my whole family. It's not the same without the Zlotnicks.

21. Going to Wal Mart late at night with my mom.

22. Greg's super warm hands when I am cold.

23. The way Halle's hair smells and feels.

24. Jumping on the trampoline late at night when I hope the neighbors are asleep.

25. Getting the kids on the bus and going back to sleep

26. Hot chocolate from Maverick and those little 6 packs of Hostess chocolate donuts

27. Having good friends over to play games

28. Speaking of good friends.....having one that is willing to help you scrub your own kids puke out of your own carpet.

29. Red Robin's fries.....dipped in ranch dressing

30. Talking to friends from high school and realizing that some friendships span a lifetime without ever becoming akward.

31. Laughter through tears

32. glitter toes



33. The way the inside of a TCBY smells. I haven't been in one for years, but I remember that smell.

34. A neck rub from Greg

35. Going to the lake with the boat and all the Westerns. Hot dogs and beans in the cooler, big mama on the tube.

36. Having someone else do my hair.

37. Tucking my kids in one last time before I go to sleep.


38. Hurting really bad and then starting to feel the Aleve kick in.

39. See's Chocolates certificates

40. Porcupine meatballs and mashed potatoes

2 comments:

Holly said...

What's a wooby?!?!

Porcupine meatballs and mashed potatoes sounds heavenly. We just applied for food stamps, we might be back to our steak and gas days, just switched this time ;)

Krishelle said...

I love these lists! And so many of those things are things I LOVE too! We are so much alike!

Anyway, we need to plan a girls night ASAP!