We moved into this area when I was about 8 weeks pregnant with Halle. We've lived in three different houses in those 9 years. Now it's time to move on.
We are hitching up our wagon and moving to this house:
The new house
It's in Ogden. 3 blocks away from my parents and my grandmother. It's next door to my father's tomato farm. And what happens to be next to the tomato farm? The office. It was such a convenient location that I dropped off my resume. Come to find out the old guy who started it is retiring and I am going to take his position. (love you dad!)
I won't out and out quit the beloved Answering Service. No. I am going to keep my Friday night graveyard. I get paid to read, who could walk away from that? Not I. Plus, we've dreamed of taking our kids to Disneyland for years, and we can put that Friday night grave money into the Disneyland pot and maybe make it there! And then there are my coworkers who I can't tear myself away from. No need to mention names, you know who you are. Andrea
So it is with a bitter sweet taste in my mouth that I begin to pack up. It's a wonderful opportunity for our family. One that I am more grateful than I have words for.
Lets hope things turn around a little bit.....Oh......and do you happen to have any boxes?
7 comments:
Congratulations! It's always bitter-sweet to move, but I think this opportunity will be good for your family. Besides, every kid needs to experience Disneyland at least once in their life! Hopefully you guys get there soon! Love you!
Super cool address! That sounds like it will be a fabulous move for you guys. How great to be so close to your parents. It makes me sad in a strange way...I guess I feel like the more people that move from the old neighborhood the more removed it is from what it was when I was there. Actually puts a pain in my heart...dumb I know. I will forever miss my Pilgrim's Landing friends as neighbors. :( Hope your move goes well!
I'm very excited for you. I'll find you more boxes, we always have people moving in with new houses going up around us.
Wow so many changes! We need to get together and catch up!
Congrats on the upcoming move and the new job!!
"Running with Angels" is a very inspiring book! I got it at Deseret Book. I want to be more of a runner - and the book is about a lady who is obese who overcomes hardships and realizes food won't solve the problems, and takes up running and loses a lot of weight. Sorry about the Run-on sentence. Anyway...pg. 116 talks about "Livin the dream." I am Alison Holtom Montgomery's sister. I think you met up with her in SLC in 2002 when she flew there from Atlanta when I was supposed to get married. I ended up calling off the wedding with the doctor. Anyway...I met Greg when I was at Ricks College. Ask Greg about Adie Holtom (me).
Hey, at least you will be close to excellent shopping ( oh and your family)
I'm so excited for you guys! Hopefully this will be a really great experience! It sounds like it will be!!! :)
Post a Comment