Still haven't bought a new camera yet. I had to run to the grocery store yesterday to buy a disposable one to take a picture of my:
BIRTHDAY BOY!
Jack turned seven yesterday. How did that happen? We sang him awake at the time he was born which is a Garrett tradition. Thankfully both my kids were c-sections and they were both born about 8 am. We all sat around and reminisced about his birth day. Halle spent the day with her Aunt Kim shopping at Costco. Halle wants to have another baby so she can spend the day with Aunt Kim again. Even though it was his birthday, it was still Saturday so we all cleaned the house. Jack was my number 1 helper. (of course, knowing we couldn't leave until it was done.) We went to Fat Cats and had lunch (The Pizza Factory....MMmmmmm.) bowled a game (Halle-81 Jack-84 and Mommy-89) Greg cheered us on and gave out kisses for Strikes. I told the kids that they would knock down more pins if they shook their booty before they threw the ball. It was entertaining for me. Even the teenagers in the next lane over stopped making out to watch them shake it. After that we played arcade games for about an hour. Later that night my family all came over for cake and ice cream and my mother brought the OTHER birthday boy with her. My dad had back surgery on Wednesday and he is still feeling it. I am so glad Jack shares a name and a birthday with his Grandpa. My dad is a wonderful, kind, and giving man and a great example for Jack.
My new job is going well. I have afternoon snack in the back with my new boss every day. I tell him about all the things he needs to come and do for me at my house. He tells me how many carbs I should be eating. It's mostly a love/love relationship. It still seems strange that I get PAID to spend the day with my mom and brother. It's quite the set up.
The house is coming along nicely. My mom has been wonderful helping me wallpaper and paint. I definitely have my favorite parts and my not so favorite parts:
Favorite:
That huge Lindon tree in the backyard. There is always shade back there and it's GORGEOUS.
My fabulous mail desk. Especially now that it's painted.
My new laundry chute. Thankfully the kids don't fit down it.
Carpet in only two rooms. Yay! Especially since Greg is leaving the bloody trail again.
Red brick fireplace. We've missed a fireplace.
Storage space/built in closets. It's insane.
Not so Favorite:
Basement is a tiny bit creepy.
Those floors without carpet? Most of them are WHITE linoleum. WHO picks WHITE?
My beautiful brownish pinkish bathroom fixtures.
Green tile that accents those fixtures.
My original tile countertops....from 1950.
I'm sure you are more than tired of listening to my ramblings by now. Plus I can't think of anything else that is exciting. (What do you mean? .......Everything you've read IS exciting!)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jack! Sounds like everything is going well! Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Jack, I thought of on Sat. I can't wait to see the house, this weekend is going to be so much fun!
Glad he had a great birthday! Sounds like a lot of fun! We had a lot of fun with you guys! Can't wait for the cabin!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!! Sorry it's a bit late!
Post a Comment