You are running out of time if you would like to purchase cookies from Halle!
All of this Girl Scout Cookie-ing has brought back fond memories for me. Would you like to hear a cautionary tale? Yes? Okay here goes.
It was April of 1999. Greg and I had been dating for a few months, but it had been a GOOD few months. It's no secret that Greg fell madly in love with me from the first time he laid eyes on me. That's really saying something because I was wearing my pajamas with no make up on and my hair was in "the pineapple."
It doesn't really matter, how I looked was beside the point. The point being he fell madly in love with me FIRST. I on the other hand was undecided. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was handsome and I had, by this point, made him a good kisser. I was just not sure if I wanted to spend eternity with him.
He professed his love for me as well as his desire to marry me and I said "Uhhhh....I need some time."
Greg pondered a way to win me over. Something that would tip the scales in his direction. And then he thought of it. He drove the Bronco down to the Girl Scout Cookie office and bought a CASE of Thin Mints.
A CASE! 12 boxes.
It was absurd. I was impressed. Greg is no dummy. He didn't just hand over a case of cookies to me with a smile. He was much smarter. He gave me ONE box a month. Just one. Now, let me remind you that it was 1999 and Keebler didn't make it's Thin Mint knock off yet. You got Thin Mints once a year and that was it.
And I liked them a lot.
By the second box we were engaged. They were gone by the time we got married in September.
The moral of this story? Be careful what you will do for a Girl Scout Cookie.
(I really love my husband......I'm just sayin that it may not work out as well in your case.)
3 comments:
I didn't know that story. I love reading your blog, it always makes me laugh. And nice new background!
That's hilarious. I actually need a case of Samoas for my husband's birthday. If you want to ship to Idaho and e-mail me your address I will send you money.
Cute Story! How come I didn't get Cookie courting?
Post a Comment