Monday, May 2, 2011

On my countertop sits...

4 flats of strawberries. 

Who wants to come over and jam??!!

If I could choose anyone, I might pick:

Loralee- there's nothing like jammin' with your sister
Holly-  the number 1 fan of my strawberry jam
Jenny Bell-  I would bag the jam and just sit and hold your new baby!
Kim-  she is so on the ball, after the jam she would clean my kitchen.
Krystle- after the jam, she could do my hair!
Dixie- I've jammed with her before...and it was awesome!
Kaylyn-  She is so much better at this kind of stuff than I am, she could give me tips!
Eric-  Well.....he would just eat the jam, but we could sing a duet.

I notice two things when I look at that list. 

First, I want each of them to do something for me!  I don't know what that says about me. It's not all selfish though, I give a lot of jam away each year.  And if you help me make it, you get to take home a good share of it!  See?  I'm a giver too.

Second, there are women on that list from each era of my life.  (There are a lot of women I love and adore that I didn't mention...you know you are. wink* wink*)  I have been so blessed to have had wonderful friends who have loved and helped me along in my life.  I have been surrounded with some truly amazing people.  Some of us aren't as close as we used to be but I still feel like we share the same bond we did before.  If I needed support, these are the people I would call.  And if I did, each one would answer. 

Even if I wasn't giving away jam.

7 comments:

Dixiechick said...

I started reading and I was like, "Oh, I SO better be on that list!" :) You know you and Strawberry jam are synonymous in my memory. And the sad truth is I NEED you for strawberry jam to happen in my life. I'm sad every time I sit down to Sunday dinner and have no freezer jam to put on my delicious rolls, and then I'm sad that I have no Jenalee across the street from me either. My neighborhood life shall never be the same....sigh. Miss you...and your jam. :)

Kim Garrett said...

I so would clean your kitchen! :)

Krishelle said...

Maybe I should come help you...I started making my own freezer jam this last year and it is soooo yummy!

Kjohnson said...

I don't even like jam and I would come do a jammer session, but only because it was with you....I kind of want to vote for Eric though bc I'd really like to see a duet :)

Jenalee said...

Our best are Kenny and Dolly duets. He always makes me sing the Kenny part so he can be Dolly. I don't know what that says....

Kaylyn and Rob said...

Sorry I haven't checked blogs in awhile. I am flattered to have made the list! I want to know where you got 4 flats of strawberries? I do wish we lived closer so I could have come and helped you!! But I really don't think I could give you any pointers, you are fantastic at those kinds of things. I hope your jam turned out great. It is a lot more fun to do it with someone though!

Jenalee said...

I love both of you