Friday, April 27, 2012

Pets create poop and heartbreak.

We are heartbroken that our kitty Stix was hit and killed by a car today.

And it's a shame because I really loved this one.  He was MY cat.  He kept my bed warm at night which was super nice lately...

I went to get lunch today and on my way home from that fateful trip to Panda Express, I saw him on the side of the road.  I drove to the office and told my Bubba.  We went out together and while I stood on the sidewalk crying, he picked him up and put him in a bag. 

Then I ate the Panda.  Which you can interpret many different ways.

Since this is a family blog, and Stix only knew our family for his 8 short months of life, this post is for him.


Cat in a box


Don't go out Stix!!  DANGER!



Asleep on my leg




Keeping my bed warm


Christmas 2011


Blurry, but cute


Valentine's Day 2011

One week old


The day he was born.

One day old


3 months



Two weeks old
  Stix was a great cat.  I witnessed his birth, so it's only fitting that I buried him.  Halle stood with me in the field and sobbed while I dug the hole.  And it snowed on us.  It was all very sad and dramatic.  We really loved Stix, but I feel mostly bad for Sage.  Stix loved Sage.  And Sage was fond of him too. 


We miss you already Stixers

2 comments:

garciagirls said...

Jenna Lee Im your number one blog stocker! Every few weeks I have to see if there is an update. You are a great writer and I love to see things through your lens. You are awesome and its so fun to see your cute little family!

Claranne said...

Jen
So sorry about your kitty. It is really hard to loose a loved pet. Give Halle nd Jack a big hug from me, nd one for yourself. Love you all
Cngd