Wednesday, August 5, 2015

California Vacation Summer-2015

We had a great little vacation this month.  We were thrilled that Aunt Lori could fly out from Virginia and go with us.  We drove to California and did two days in Disneyland and a day at Laguna Beach.

This is the second year we have gone on a family vacation in the summer.  I love the freedom of having the funds to do it.  Mostly, I love spending so much time with my kids.  I've worked to support our family since Halle was in Kindergarten and Jack was 3.  Spending an entire week (two last year!) together hasn't really happened in the past.  I am thankful for the time and memories we make on these trips.

I love my kids and I love being together.  My biggest wish in life was to be a mother.  How grateful I am that I was given the opportunity!  My life hasn't always been easy, but it's been wonderful because of the happiness I have found in motherhood.

Our first day was spent driving 14 hours to California.  In the traffic.  Stuck in the desert.  We drove 2 miles an hour for MILES.  You would be shocked at how many pairs of underwear are on the side of the road in the desert:




Our next day was spent in Disneyland:

Halle and the band

Jack made a droid.  His shirt is awesome.







One of the best parts of the day was eating dinner at the Blue Bayou.  It's the restaurant located inside of Pirates of the Caribbean.  My kids loved it.  Our table was right on the water and we waved at all the boats that floated by.




By the end of the day, we had walked more than 8 miles and my body seized up while riding the shuttle home.  I made a new friend  on the shuttle bus and when it was time to get off, neither of us could walk.  He seized up too.   We decided we needed a day of rest, so the next day was:

A beach day.

Halle found shells



Love my sister









Laguna Beach was fabulous.  It was a perfect mix of beach and rocks.  The sky was overcast and cloudy the entire day which was absolutely perfect.  We got a little burned, but it was a fabulous day!

The last day was our California Adventure day:


Cars Land










It was a great week.  I loved almost every minute of it.  Not so much our time getting lost going to the beach, sleeping with Halle, or the seizing....

Thanks California!  And especially Aunt Lori!

No comments: