Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Back in school we used to dream about this everyday..,

Holly and I went to a Boyz II Men concert.  And OH.  MY.  GOSH.

We had the best night.  First of all, we were together and we sat in chairs eating and chatting for well over an hour.  It was great.
Then...
The concert started.  We were surrounded by older folks who were there because they had season tickets for the outdoor concert series.  No idea who was singing.   When the boys a few rows down continued to stand up and dance, a very angry grandma went and told them to sit down.  And because it was Utah County, they did.

Later, when we were all told to stand up, those boys looked back to that angry grandma for permission.

At one point, they sang a song and threw roses into the screaming crowd of girls.  Holly took off down our row, and plowed her way into the middle of it all.  A little later she came running back yelling:
"JENALEE!!!!!  JENALEE!!!!"
Our entire section stopped dancing, and watched her tell me how she took out 3-4 girls to get one of those roses.  I took her picture, and so did others around us who were caught up in her emotion.  I am willing to bet that she wasn't THAT excited ever before in her life.  Ever.

JENALEE!  JENALEE!

When it was all over, they announced that backstage passes were being sold.  We went just to SEE how much they were.  $30 cash.  I had $62 in my pocket.  We were totally in.

As we got closer and closer in line, I got more and more nervous.  When we got up to the guys I didn't say a single thing.  I was totally star struck and stupid.  They said "Hey Ladies" and Holly made them hand her the rose for the picture.  They squeezed us tight, rubbed our backs, and it was AWESOME.  Best $30 I've ever spent.

Holly and I looking extremely happy.


I'm obviously too old for such excitement because the whole thing made me sick for the rest of the night.  I laid awake until 2 am on an adrenaline high.

BEST NIGHT EVER.


Here's proof.

Boyz

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this post. Love it. I love your smile- happiest smile ever! SOOOO fun!!!!