Friday, December 30, 2016

2016

A few of my favorite blogs are doing the year in review.  I thought it sounded fun, so here's my version:

January

Finished up Primary Presidency calling


February

Halle played school bball

Jack played Rec ball

We took a weekend trip to Utah County that was pretty awesome.


March

Easter


Jesse Gaige passed away and we spent time in the temple and with each other.


April

Halle ran for office, lost, and took it like a champ.

Had a fantastic weekend in Rock Springs

May

Halle turned 14

Jack graduated from Elementary School


June
Jack spent a great week in Rexburg.  Halle went to EFY, and I stayed home and had surgery.

The Atkinsons came to see us!


July

East Coast road trip.  Best trip yet.


High School girl's weekend

August

First day of school

Boyz II Men with Holly

September

Labor Day at Olympic Park

Jack turned 13, Grandpa 71

We won tickets to Studio C

October

Annual Lagoon trip with the Robinsons


BYU Game

November

San Diego- Awesome trip


December

Trumpet concert

Halle played Rec bball

Christmas


2016 was a great year in most ways.  We had a some heartache and pain to make us appreciate the joy and love.  I'm learning that I can do fun things and make an awesome life for us.  We are so blessed to be able to do the things we get to do.  2016 found us in a peaceful, happy place.  I recognized it, rolled around in it, and enjoyed it-knowing that every year isn't like that.  

We just went day to day; homework, practice, church responsibilities.  We cleaned the house on Saturdays and cuddled the cat.  We won some- and we lost some.  It was a really fantastic year, and I hope I appreciated all the little moments enough.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love you! Love hearing about your year and most of all being a little part of it! xoxox