I hiked about a half mile into work this last week. I was near tears when I finally arrived each time and I would like to thank Eric for pushing me out the the parking lot on one of our wheeled office chairs when it was time to leave on Sunday. I do not thank him for the time I hit the wall, or the other time I hit the wall, or the time I was nearly launched out of said chair when the momentum become too much for his short little legs. (It was a good laugh and a good endorphine rush.)
The point is, (I ramble at 3 am.) all of this frustration has led to a new toy. Big Mama has a new set of wheels!
Ahhh, I look so sexy riding my new scooter..... It's really rather becoming...... Everyone is looking at me out of jealousy, you can't buy these at Wal Mart, you know......These are the things I chant to myself while riding my stupid scooter in public.
It is complicating my social anxiety disorder. It's giving me a complex. I have no choice but to ride it, and I truly am grateful for it (TRULY GRATEFUL.) Everything I mentioned being grateful for during past Thanksgivings ie. my children, my husband, my very breath will pale compared to my adoration for this lovely contraption come Thursday. But does everyone have to WATCH me? I passed the Life Flight guys and they watched me. Even the guy who was LIFEFLIGHTED managed to raise his coding head to have a look at me! Geez. I don't like the attention, I wanted to scoot under a rock. And think, my huffing-it body on a stupid scooter may be that poor man's last image. It's a sad thing, really.
On the plus side, there is a hallway with an incline here at the hospital and I liked the way the anesthesia fumes felt as they blew through my hair on my way down it. I could feel the burn trying to get back up that hill ( I had to check to see if my thigh was actually on fire once) and I have decided it was only fun once.
So much of this experience is turning out that way. Most of the stuff is only fun the very first time, and everyone keeps watching me do it!
7 comments:
hahahahaha you should put a video with it!!!
I love your new ride!! I know how you feel about people staring at you though. When I was pregnant with Alexandra I got put on restricted activity before the bed rest and when we went to the store I always had to ride in the motorized wheelchair carts. And since you couldn't even tell I was preganant, I just looked like a lazy young person going for a joy ride (although it was really not so joyful).
Hey, sorry I haven't kept up. I hope all is okay. I will be over on Wed. after we get down there to help you out!! We are not too happy with InstaCares either! Good luck until Wed.
Jenalee...seeing you soaring down the hospital halls, your hair blowing in the breeze seductively, your one functioning leg pumping yourself along...it's a sight to behold. Should that LIFEFLIGHT patient never live to see another sunset, he can die happily. Anyone who HAS NOT had the opportunity to see this, let me know, and I'll tell you the 'whens' and 'wheres' of the next show.
Very. Well. Done.
Handsome Kenley
So, I don't check blogs for like a week and you practically kill yourself! Sounds like you're still the same Jen I fell in love with all those years ago! And your sense of humor hasn't changed a bit.=)
Wow that sounds hot, I bet gets really steamy when you and Greg anywhere in public
You sure have "fun" experiences! Wow! At least you are a great writer and can make us all smile and at times LOL!
Post a Comment