Like most people, I love my parents. I really, really love them. They are amazing people, just look at their greatest creation and achievement--Me!
My parents are Fabulous for the following reasons (this is, of course, not a complete listing):
1. I would say "My mom is my best friend" but that is a bunch of crap. She's my Mama, and that puts her in a top category for me. Having said that, she does mean a lot to me in a "friend" kind of way. When anything awful or exciting happens I usually call her first. Who am I kidding, I call her all the time. Often more than once. When I am depressed or not feeling like talking to anyone else who calls, I always feel like talking to my Mom. She always takes my calls in stride. Even when she is trying to work or it's the fourth time I've called.
2. My mom and dad are always on my side. They always back me up no matter what. If I call and have something going on that they don't agree with, or don't think I am EXACTLY right, they don't call me on it. Especially when I am angry or sad. They just listen intently and support me. Perhaps later they may bring up what they really think, but never when I am not ready to hear it.
3. My dad always encourages me. Even when things are bad, he always points out that it can be worse, or reminds me of the good things. He has an amazing ability to keep things in perspective. I wish I was a little more like him in that area.
4. I am always welcome home. And when I get there, my mom and dad take care of me. They watch my kids and make my favorite dinner. They are never put out with my needs, even when they are tiresome or inconvenient. They are willing to help me NO MATTER WHAT.
5. They are really great grandparents.
Jack is a huge fan of both of them, but mostly when they aren't around. When they are actually with us, he gets shy. My dad is getting really good at encouraging Jack to do things with him. My dad had lots of help getting the tree up today, and Jack had a huge smile on his face the entire time. "The Rosses" are becoming good friends and for this I am thankful. My dad is a wonderful man and example. I would love for Jack to become as great a man as he is.
Maca. What can I even say about her? She was a wonderful mother and now she's an even more wonderful Grandmother. I could go on and on. I will suffice it to say that I could not ask for a better grandma for my kids. She loves them often more than I do. :)
6. I could go on and on forever. I am not blind to the fact that these two people have their faults, and are certainly not perfect. They give me comfort, and believe in me. They see the best there is in us. They are quick to point out the good in life, but always commiserate when appropriate. They are loving and giving and understanding. They always have my best interests at heart and I know that they will help me no matter what. They are always on my side and support me as a wife, a mother, and a person.
I love you mom and dad. Thank you for all you do for us, it does not go unappreciated or unnoticed.
2 comments:
Jenalee and I have a running competition about who has the greatest parents. It's grown obvious that there will be no winner...the things that make my parents the world's greatest are the same things that make hers the greatest. The tie breaker will be who can make the best pineapple beef stew. Oh, and we have a winner!!!
Nice work!
Handsome Kenley
I couldn't agree with you more! I LOVE grandma and grandpa!!!! I really stinks that I live 2 states away and only get to see them 3 or 4 (or in some cases less then that) a year instead of every weekend. Love ya!!! <3
Post a Comment