Monday, June 11, 2018

Becoming what I want to be

What do I want to be?

Well....I want to be a hiker.

So today we started.  The kids and I bought camel packs from Costco, put on our Nike's, and started our first hike.

We chose Birdsong Trail that started under the Rainbow Trail sign.  What a fantastic photo op!

Look how proud and hopeful I am!  Also, how did my baby get so big?




 All was well until we began going up a hill.  Halle and I made Jack go first because I've heard that there are a lot of Rattlesnakes this year.  Mama don't do snakes.  The entire time Halle said "Slow down, Jack" when she heard me wheezing and making dying-like noises behind her.

Alas, we made it to the top.  Also, how did my baby get so big?




We kept going, until we found the "waterfall" and the bench.  

My favorite was the bench.



It was a fun little hike.  I enjoyed 3/4 of it.  The hill was a little much, but I did it.  Stay tuned for the next hiking adventure!




No comments: